Breaking Cycles – Building Futures
Educating Communities for Parenting offers a variety of programs and services to nearly 500 clients annually at over 25 sites including traditional, alternative, charter, and disciplinary schools; foster care residences, homeless shelters, recovery facilities, and childcare centers.
ECP works with a diverse range of populations including teen and adult parents; adjudicated delinquent youth; young adults aging out of the foster care system; preschoolers, and children at grave risk of becoming victims or perpetrators of violence. Workshops and programs are customized to meet the specific needs of the populations we serve.
All programs are designed to help participants:
- Increase personal responsibility and healthy behaviors
- Understand the need for self-care and self-sufficiency
- Understand the impact of negative behaviors
- Recognize and communicate that violence is a public health issue
- Increase use of creative intelligence in problem-solving, decision making and goal setting
- Increase a sense of empowerment and well-being